We're dedicated to making business decisions easier.
At ORM Technologies, we know what it takes to move your business to the next level by embracing data-driven decision making. By combining years of industry experience with advanced academic expertise, we built a platform that delivers big results by analyzing the smallest details.
MEET OUR LEADERSHIP TEAM
Founder & CEO
John brings over 30 years of experience as a senior executive in high-growth and large technology companies. He has been CEO/President of two public companies that both achieved revenue growth rates of over 100% annually. In addition, John has extensive public and private equity market experience that includes leading a $150M IPO and a $750M follow-on which was in the top 10 largest follow-ons at the time. He also has extensive experience dealing with market analysts with coverage from over 15 Wall Street firms during his tenure as CEO/President.
John holds a Bachelor of Mathematics from the University of Waterloo, a Master of Science in Engineering Management from Southern Methodist University, and is a Chartered Accountant. He has his dissertation remaining to complete his Ph.D. in Applied Science from Southern Methodist University.
VP Sales & Marketing
With over a decade of experience with advanced technologies, Pete leads both the Sales and Marketing functions at ORM Technologies. In his previous role, as the VP of Engineering at ORM Technologies, he led the technical development of ORM’s advanced analytics and optimization solutions. Pete has built and implemented complex analytic solutions in both the government and private sectors. Pete is exceptional at using analytics to turn a customer’s business need into actionable business solutions.
Pete holds a Bachelor of Science in Operations Research from the United States Air Force Academy, a Master of Science in Operations Research from Southern Methodist University, and is a Certified Analytics Professional (CAP®). He is currently finishing his Ph.D. in Operations Research at Southern Methodist University.
WHO WE WORK WITH
Marketo is our biggest partner... And a great client.
CAREERS AT ORM
If you are a data scientist who is up to the challenge of building the future of web-based advanced analytics applications, ORM Technologies is the place for you! The right fit for this position should be excited about working in a start-up environment, meticulous in their tasks, and highly motivated to accomplish team goals. You will have the opportunity to directly contribute to our applications which provide real and measurable value to our customers’ bottom line.
Role and Responsibilities
- Own the development lifecycle for machine learning models from ideation to production.
- Build and maintain both supervised and unsupervised machine learning models. Examples of model include customer segmentation, propensity to buy, and sales forecasts.
- Execute on end-to-end data science projects (ideation, data engineering, modeling, interpretation, visualization).
- Clean, Analyze, manipulate, and process large sets of Sales and Marketing data.
- Collaborate with software developers, data engineers, and business stakeholders to build meaningful machine learning models then productize the model.
- Keep up to date on new technologies and trends in data science, MarTech, and Sales Tech.
- Develop data science best practices to enable model consistency, accuracy, and knowledge transfer among peers and customer.
- Communicate model methodology and results to both technical and non-technical audience.
- Compare models using statistical performance metrics, such as loss functions or ROC.
- Test, validate, and reformulate models to ensure accurate prediction of outcomes of interest.
- Sense of urgency necessary to meet goals, objectives, and deadlines.
- Work as part of a small, agile development team.
Skills & Requirements
- MS in Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Business Analytics, Data Science, or another technical field.
- Strong statistics knowledge with excellent programming skills in R.
- 2-5 years work experience developing data science projects or products.
- Strong problem-solving skills and intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical action items.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of version control tools like git.
Other Desirable Skills
- PhD in Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, or another technical field.
- Knowledge of GAMS, Gurobi, or other mathematical programming languages.
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with B2B sales data from CRM platforms like Salesforce.com.
- Experience with B2B marketing data from marketing automations platforms like Marketo, HubSpot, or Eloqua.
Sr. Business Analyst
Partner with customers and internal development resources to ensure the understanding of the appropriate data requirement and systems required to develop the solution; Work with the major sales systems known as Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems (Sales and Customer Service systems with the leading provider being Salesforce.com and Microsoft) and marketing systems known as Marketing Automation Platforms (MAP – the leading Marketing system providers are Adobe-Marketo and Oracle) with specific expertise in the use of these systems Programming Interfaces (API’s), which are used to automate the extraction of data from the system; Analyze the lead and customer acquisition programs data that companies utilize from their Sales and Marketing processes to interpret trends and patterns in datasets to locate influence and creates specifications for reports, using PostgreSQL, R, and SAS. Must have a Master’s degree and 3 years of experience.
Content Marketing Specialist
As a Content Marketing Specialist, you will build and implement ORM’s content marketing strategy. You will communicate a consistent, compelling, and differentiated story to drive customer awareness, preference, and revenue. You have an opportunity to contribute real, measurable value on day one!
Responsibilities include envisioning, articulating, and executing upon a data-driven content marketing strategy, creating executive and thought-leadership content at a regular cadence, using email, blog posts, and social channels to raise awareness, convert leads, and establish high-level thought leadership in sales and marketing analytics, and collaborating with customers to write engaging case studies that position the value of ORM.
Want to know more? We'd love to chat.
Get in touch with the ORM Technologies team.